What Makes Us Unique
All nurseries are regulated by Ofsted and as such have to meet the standards required by the government. Each nursery is regularly inspected and reports made available to parents. When looking at any Ofsted report it is important to look closely to see the difference between each grading, remember only 15% of nurseries national gain an Outstanding Grade. The trends across the country, show as many settings achieve requires improvement (16%) or inadequate (2%) as those that get outstanding.
Toybox is proud of its history of inspection reports and welcomes the concept of 'policing' day nurseries to check quality.
But what really sets us apart from the other local nurseries?
- All Inclusive Pricing - By including Nappies, wipes and formula milk (for under 12months old) our parents have no hidden charges or things to provide, or have to make a special trip to the supermarket to buy a packet of nappies for nursery.
- Early Years Teachers (EYTS). The government have an ambition to have one specially trained Early Years Teacher in every nursery, currently only about 20 % of nurseries have such a leader. Toybox has 6 current EYTS and another 1 in training by July next year we will have 7 Early Years Teachers– no other nursery in the country has this many in a single setting.
- All Staff are qualified or working towards a qualification. It is important to back up the EYTS programme with experienced and high quality staff to deliver the very best in care and education. – Ofsted require only 50% of the entire workforce dealing with children to be qualified.
- Graduate Programme for EYTS – no other local nursery runs a graduate programme for EYTS.
- Our purpose built facility provides:
- Large bright and welcoming rooms
- Under-floor Heating
- Excellent Security
- Spacious gardens
- Full CCTV security
- A home from home environment
- Opening from 7.00am - 7.00 pm each weekday
- In house chef providing freshly cooked food, prepared to the Children’s Food Trust standards.
Toybox is a local business run by local people, unlike the national chains. We have blended the best facilities with local staff and senior management.
Please take time to browse this website and find out about us. But above all invest time in your child’s care and education, by visiting us to see for yourself what we can offer.
We look forward to introducing you to our family.
- Our Guiding Principles
- Structure & Important Information
- What Makes Us Unique
- Benefits of a Nursery
- Special Relationship With Parents
- Keyworker System
- Registering a Child
- What to Ask a Nursery
- What to do Next
- Early Years Foundation Stage
- Songs sung at Nursery
- Parenting Hints and Tips
What To Do Next?
We want you to be absolutely sure that we are the right people to deliver the childcare you seek for your individual child.
To help you make this very special decision we would like to suggest a number of important steps.Click here for more info